- Personal blogs: I believe personal blogs should be separate from giveaway, business, and other types of blogs. If I don't know you, I honestly don't care about what you did last weekend. If I do know you, I will put you on my blog list on my personal blog.
- Cluttered blogs: I hate blogs that have so much advertising, buttons, links, and photos, it takes forever to download, leave a comment, or navigate anywhere on the blog. If you freeze my computer, bye bye!
- Boring posts: I don't like every post to be photos of things you like. Every now and then with commentary is fine to learn your interests and discover new things. Nor do I care to read posts advertising every deal you find on the web. I want to read about your ideas.
- Homemaking blogs: I like blogs that teach me how to do something: easy crafts, yummy recipes, party ideas, etc.
- Informative blogs: I enjoy reading about new ideas on health, parenting, spirituality, saving money (including occasional good deals online), and the like. I want to come away from your blog feeling enlightened.
- Giveaways: Of course, I will follow a blog as a giveaway entry. Once the giveaway is over, however, it must meet the above criteria for me to keep following. The only exception is blogs that host giveaways everyday: it's just easier to stay a follower then undo and redo it every time I want to enter a giveaway.
How do you determine which blogs to follow or not follow?