Wednesday, September 17, 2014

10 Books That Have Stayed with Me

I've seen the "10 books that stayed with you" challenge going around Facebook, but I thought I'd post it here instead. Note, these are books that have stuck with me, not necessarily my top 10 favorite (though they are in the top 20).

10. The Giver by Lois Lowry


This book really opened my eyes to the value of agency, an important doctrine in my religion.

9. Holes by Louis Sachar


The intertwined stories show how our actions affect others whether or not we realize it and how trials can become blessings.

8. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin


I loved this book for making the characters break out of stereotypes and discover who they really are.

7. The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley


When I had given up hope of ever finding a guilt-free and effective way to get my baby to sleep, this book came to the rescue and helped me find the balance I was looking for.

6. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis


The symbolism in and depth of the stories have strengthened my testimony of Christian gospel.

5. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie


My oldest brother introduced this book to me and it positively changed the way I interact with people. I have never had a problem making friends wherever I go.

4. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett


Ever since I read this book as a little girl, I have wanted to be just like Sara. She is a superior role model, albeit a fictional one.

3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee


Who hasn't been touched by this book? The story, the characters, the writing--everything about it is amazing!

2. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman


This book has the power to transform any relationship and restore love.

1. The Book of Mormon


This book reveals the plain and precious gospel of Jesus Christ and testifies of Him. You can learn more at mormon.org.

Which 10 books have stayed with you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...