Thursday, September 4, 2014

Featured Seller: Erin from Dramatique Designs

This week's featured seller is Erin from the whimsical, colorful shop Dramatique Designs, home of upcycled fashions:


I started Dramatique Designs about 3 years ago. I am self-taught; I never went to design school. I am an artist at heart, from acting to dancing, so it felt natural to start designing and sewing. I finally felt like I had chosen the right career for myself--and it only took 32 years!


I love creating something new out of something old. So much care, love, and fabulousness goes into my work. Every piece of clothing has a story to tell, and I love telling fantastical stories through my fashion. I have been an actor in theater for over 15 years, so it seemed only natural to integrate drama into what I create. I am heavily influenced by the dreamy designs of the past, from Jane Austen’s classic and delicate style dresses to the bright mess of color in the 60s. I do not limit myself to one era; I love to create it all! It was so easy to come up with the name for my business, as I have always had a flair for the dramatic.


I joined Etsy on the encouragement of my mother. She felt it would be a good way to showcase my wares, and hopefully sell them. I also have my own personal website where I sell my items. Like my Facebook page and comment or follow my blog and comment for 10% off your order! (Email me for code: erin@dramatiquedesigns.com.)


Check out Dramatique Designs for more fun fashions and accessories, including tote bags! You can also follow the shop on Twitter. For fall and winter knit fashions, check out Erin's other shop, HipKnitism.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this artist and the items she creates.. Thank you for letting us all know about her!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...