- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat white flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (make sure it's measured in liquid form)
- unsweetened applesauce or real maple syrup
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Beat the egg yolks and stir into the dry mixture, along with the milk and oil.
- Beat the egg whites and fold them into the batter.
- Cook the batter in your waffle iron and serve the waffles with warm unsweetened applesauce or real maple syrup.
Makes 8-10 square waffles.