Monday, March 7, 2011

Mushrooms & Spinach

Really easy, fast, and (mostly) healthy side dish:


Ingredients
  • 1 8-oz.package sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 bag of spinach leaves
  • 1 tbs. butter (I use unsalted)
  • 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
Directions
  1. Melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic. 
  2. Saute mushrooms until nearly tender.
  3. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
I've made it with the whole bag of spinach too. It all depends on how much you want. You can also try olive oil instead of butter, which I haven't done. Let me know what tweaks you make to the recipe. I'm all about making a dish your own!

2 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

This looks so yummy. Right up my alley.

I always cook spinach with olive oil and mushrooms with butter - haven't combined them yet.

Actually this makes me crave spinach. I used to eat it all the time like this, but haven't in a while.

yum. To better eating.

Cherished Handmade Treasures said...

Yummy--looks delish! New follower from the MBC 200 followers group. Hope you'll visit my site as well. :) Sandy http://cherishedhandmadetreasures.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...