- Wear a tuxedo or white button-up shirt, a bowtie, black pants, black shoes, and a black sweater or blazer.
- Paint your forehead and nose black. Paint the rest of your face white.
- Cut out penguin feet from yellow construction paper and tape them to the top of your shoes.
- Use the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper to make the beak. Glue yellow construction paper to the tube.
- Flatten in and cut out a triangle, starting at an open end. Cut through both sides but not all the way to the other open end so that it stays intact.
- Keep the beak in place with string or elastic.
- To be Tacky the Penguin, wear sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Cheap & Easy Penguin Costume
One Halloween night in high school I was going to a party but had no idea what to wear. I didn't want to wear a costume I had worn before. I browsed through my dismal closet and saw my old tuxedo shirt from middle-school band. An idea hit me: I could make a penguin costume! Here is what I did: