Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cheap & Easy Wall Decor



A while ago I was inspired to be crafty, but I just realized I never blogged about it! My baby's room and accessories are jungle themed. I wanted to make something cute to hang on his walls. Michael's had a great sale on paper (7/$1), and I found a jungle pattern I liked. In their wood section I got two jungle animals, a giraffe and zebra, for less than a dollar each, and I used a 40-percent-off coupon too. Then I found two light-wood frames at the thrift store for 69 cents each. I borrowed Mod Podge from a friend to glue the animals to the paper. A very cheap and easy project in the end. And I have plenty of paper left over for more room decorations.

Update: I have since found four matching wooden palm trees on clearance for 9 cents at Michael's. I sticky-tacked them on either side of the frames.

1 comments:

Brenda said...

They turned out very cute! I'm a new follower from MBC. Here's my blog if you want to follow me back: http://brendashandmade.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...