Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Fun

Saturday we went to the same neighborhood Halloween festival we went to last year. Caden played a few tossing games (bones and spiders), trunk-or-treated, and did the cupcake walk until he won a cupcake, which he didn't even like. Had I known, I would have picked out one for me instead! Caden went into the police car and hugged McGruff the crime-fighting dog. There was no firetruck as advertised, much to Caden's disappointment.


There was a spooky alley that Caden didn't want to go through. But after the first time, he loved it and wanted to do it again!


His favorite was going through the dark tunnel by himself with just a flashlight.


We went on a tractor ride with some friends. It was just a trailer with hand rails hitched to a tractor, which the driver drove around the parking lot over bumps and dips and made sharp turns that almost made you fall. It was fun.

Halloween night we walked to a friend's house to go trick-or-treating with her daughters and some other friends. This time I wore only my witch hat and put a bear hat on Gabe since you couldn't have seen my or his costume with him wrapped up in the K'tan. (In fact, I don't think anyone even noticed the hat either.) Caden had the time of his life! When we got back (Gabe was starting to fuss; he had been asleep the whole time), my friend took her daughters out to hit more streets while Caden passed out candy (I was nursing Gabe). He was so cute! It worked out really well. I just wished Justin could have been there since this was Caden's first time trick-or-treating the traditional way. Hopefully next year! Maybe we'll even do themed costumes.

2 comments:

DAD said...

what a great little guy!

2justByou said...

Bummer about the firetruck not making its appearance. But it sounds like it was a fun Halloween even without it. =0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...