Monday, June 25, 2012

BFFs

My three friends Francine, Kristen, and Kaitlyn came to visit me last week for a couple days. Last time I saw them was at the baby shower they threw for me two years ago. It felt so natural seeing them again, as if it hadn't been two years.

The first day we went shopping at Chandler Fashion Center. I found a great pair of dark-wash jean bermuda shorts at New York & Company, my favorite store whose latest fan is Kaitlyn. I don't even remember the last time I went clothes shopping with girls! Justin is a great shopping partner, but it was refreshing being with other ladies.


We had dinner at a cute restuarant called The Landmark. It had an old-fashioned Southern vibe to it. The ambiance was great, though there were mostly elderly people there. The food was delicious and we had a fun time trying to be well mannered. We failed miserably, laughing our way through dinner.


Afterward, we walked around San Tan Village. At Charming Charlie's, Kaitlyn jokingly came up with the idea of getting friendship rings, an idea the rest of us took seriously. We were there well after the doors closed deciding on the right ones to buy (they have many complementary rings sold in groups of 3 to 5). We finally settled on these:


The next day they got to meet Caden. The only one who had ever met him before was Francine when he was four months old. They could not get over how cute and smart he is. (What can I say? Look at his mother! jk) Francine brought toys to play with him (though the photo shows otherwise, haha), and Kristen got him a little set of golf clubs, which he (and Justin) loves.



It was a relaxing day of chatting and playing with hair. We had dinner on our fancy table, like we did for Valentine's Day, and then the girls took me bra shopping. I needed to go a long time ago, but now I'm glad I waited because Kristen is a bra expert and was truly helpful.

Afterward, we said goodbye for nearly two hours. Every time we hugged and were ready to leave, someone would bring up another forgotten memory that would launch us into more reminiscing. Finally I said I really had to go because my feet were killing me from standing so long.

I didn't realize how much I needed their company and time with girls that are not other Mormon mothers until the next day, when it went so smoothly with Caden because I was happier and thus more patient. I also didn't realize how much I missed Kristen, the one I keep in contact with the least even though we go back the farthest. Each one of those ladies fills a special need in my life. I love them so much and am so grateful for their willingness to always visit me!

2 comments:

Thomas and Jamie said...

Looks like fun! Glad you had some girl time with some of your "old" friends.

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Cheski, I loved coming to see you. Amazing how it felt like so little time had passed. Reading your blog was so much fun, Kaitlyn is enamored of the NY store now and you got so many clothing goodies!! You were an amazing host and I look forward to our next time together - October!!

I'm still in disbelief about how I thought Caden was 9 months when I saw him last. Wow! 4 months and 9 months is a huge difference. I guess he was just reallly smart, lol, or reading your blog is so life like it just got confusing? maaaybe. Or my experience with babies is so limited. There is some truth there. When I think back, he couldn't he toddle, he was just rolling over. He was so little!. He was signing already and being potty trained. :) Caden is amazing though, just like his mom!! We all loved him so much.

oh, and you would love this book I am reading. I'll send you a quote from it later today. Talks about the need for fairy tales in the life of kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...