Friday, December 21, 2012

Super Easy Banana Bread

I look forward to when the bananas get overripe in my house so I can make this yummy banana bread! I'm not much of a baker, so I love this easy recipe, adapted from the Lion House Classics cookbook. After a few loaves I finally figured out the perfect alterations.



Ingredients
  • 3 very ripe, large bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/8 cup oil
  • 1 3/4 cups Trader Joe's white whole wheat flour*
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions
  1. Grease and flour a large loaf pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Mash bananas in a large bowl (a potato masher works great!). Add eggs, sugar, and oil, and mix well.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Add to banana mixture and stir until blended. 
  4. Add nuts and mix briefly--do not overmix or else it will come out coarse.
  5. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
*You could also use any brand of whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups regular flour.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love easy recipes, and tasty ones too :) Thanks for sharing!

I wanted to invite you to join our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog hop if you get a chance this weekend. :)

Come link up and join the fun:
http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_22.html

Happy Holidays!

DAD said...

make me a loaf DAD

Unknown said...

This one sounds so yummy, and it's a lot more healthy than the recipe I have been using! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...