Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quick & Easy Homemade Rice-a-roni

My husband loves my homemade rice-a-roni, as I call it. And I love to make it because it's fast and easy to make. I modified it from a rice pilaf recipe on the back of a Sara Lee rice package. Enjoy!


Ingredients
  • 2 tbs. unsalted butter
  • finger-width bundle of angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
  • 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus a couple ounces
  • 1 cup white rice
Directions
  1. Melt the butter over medium heat. Break the pasta into short pieces and saute in the butter for a few minutes or until lightly browned.
  2. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. (The extra ounces of broth are for the pasta or else the rice will come out crunchy.)
  3. Stir in rice, cover, and simmer over low heat for 20 min.
That's it! So easy to double or triple this recipe. Cook time remains the same. Just remember to add extra broth to make up for the extra pasta.

2 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Looks yummy and easy.

Reese said...

Just had to chime in - margarine is less flavorful, AND a trans fat, SO BAD!

I've had the gluten free version and it is SO YUMMY!! Thanks for posting - now I will steal your recipe Wha ahahahah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...