Sunday, September 23, 2012

Potty Training Days 2 & 3

Playing with the squirt bottle while going potty.

I jinxed myself. Last night and the night before, Caden woke up at night because he wet himself. Besides those times, he only had 3 accidents on Saturday, two from us not getting to the potty on time because he fought me and once because he had just woken up from a nap. But he definitely knows when he has to go. He says "Mama," does the potty dance and runs near or to the potty, and whines. Saturday was a lot of struggling against me, especially before going #2, when I had to force him to stay so it would land in the potty.

Today he was more cooperative. I had to put him in a diaper for church, and I was worried it would undo the progress we've made, but it didn't. He didn't have any accidents today. He's still fighting me, though, when he has to go #2.

I decided to put him in a diaper tonight so that it wouldn't interrupt his (and my) sleep. We'll save night-time potty training for later.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...