Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Featured Seller: Mary from Charmed by Wine

This week's featured seller is Mary from Charmed by Wine. Mary makes wine glass charms. Now, I know what you're thinking: why is a Mormon mommy who doesn't drink featuring wine charms? I asked Mary to describe her product more to me and she replied,

 
I certainly understand that wine charms are not for everyone. Although the purchaser may not drink or enjoy wine, my items do make wonderful gifts and are useful to have around the house for holidays and other gatherings when others may wish to drink. A few alternative uses are:
  • coffee mug/teacup charms (on the handle!)
  • water goblets or any other stemmed glassware
  • Christmas tree ornaments
  • gift tags or part of gift wrapping
  • tapered candle charms
  • charms on any stemmed candle holders
  • gifts: hostess gifts, holiday gifts, party favors, wedding shower or wedding favors, etc.
If you take a peek in my shop, you'll see that there are various designs and colors, and their purpose is simply to add a little sparkle and interest to an item, as well as to ID the person's glass so as not to confuse it with another (a classier way of writing your name on a cup).


I was in awe of how many great uses there are for them! Here is how Mary got started making them. 

I recently got married in August 2012. My husband and I had a beautiful wedding inspired by my Italian heritage, our love of clean and classy styles, Sinatra, food, and wine. As part of the planning process, I thought it would be a cute idea to give wine charms as favors. The wedding sets I was finding were so expensive and they weren’t very personal, so I decided to make my own.

I made over 1300 wine charms (which took me the better part of 6 months to do!). With about 400 charms to go, I realized that I enjoyed making them, but was getting so sick of the current design. I started imagining other options and designs for wine charms. I had a bunch of supplies left over at the end, so I began researching online selling venues like Etsy and learning about how I could create and sell my wine charm designs to others – mainly because I knew that if I didn’t sell them, I’d end up with a houseful of wine charms!

I opened the shop in November 2011; however, with the wedding plans, a house purchase, and kitchen renovation, I didn’t really start creating items and putting time into the shop until about October 2012. I love being active in sports, eating healthy, and learning about DIY house projects and practicing new recipes. Working on the charms is a perfect downtime activity for me while catching up on DVR'd shows!


Check out Charmed by Wine for more great designs. You can also visit the main site, follow Mary's blog, or like her Facebook page.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...