Saturday, December 3, 2011

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins


I found this yummy blueberry recipe on The Colorful Apron. They were perfect for a sugar-free Halloween party I attended this year and everyone liked them. I made them again last night and changed a few things:

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce*
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 cup blueberries
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the egg. Add the milk and applesauce.
  3. Stir in the dry ingredients until moist. Add the honey and fold in the blueberries.
  4. Bake in a greased muffin pan for 20 minutes. (I used paper cups and the muffins stuck since I took out the oil.) Makes 1 dozen.
I love them and I usually don't like blueberry anything. My husband likes them and he's picky about healthy recipes. I hope you enjoy them too!

*or 1/4 cup coconut oil

1 comments:

Gretchen Willmore said...

Thanks for this healthy, yummy looking recipe! I will be trying it soon ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...