- 4 bell peppers (I prefer red)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic (or 2 tsp. minced)
- 1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Pour enough water into a baking dish to cover the bottom, and stand the peppers in the dish.
- Saute the onions in oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Add the beef and seasonings and cook until browned. Stir in the rice and tomato sauce.
- Spoon the stuffing into the peppers. Cook for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. Let them stand for 10 minutes before serving.