Friday, August 28, 2015

The Boys' Combined Birthday Party

This year we did a combined birthday party for the boys, the last year we can probably do so. It was Cars themed but simple and laid back. We had it at the park so the kids could run around (and I wouldn't have to clean my house before or after).


I painted the kids' faces as we waited for everyone to arrive and had Cars pages for the kids to color. We had pizza and snacks for lunch.


Instead of spending more money on Cars-themed cups, I printed out a Cars picture with each child's name and taped it to a plain cup.


After lunch we did a water balloon toss that turned into a fight and then everyone ganging up on Justin. It was awesome.



 
Next was cake and ice cream. Again, instead of spending extra money ordering a cake or making my own from scratch (I didn't have the time, either), I found a chocolate cake at the store and replaced its butterfly decorations with my own Cars ones.



Unfortunately, the wind prevented the boys from being able to blow out the candles.


Presents followed, and the boys were thoroughly spoiled with lots of thoughtful gifts.


Bubble bath so no more soap fiascos! Also, Gabe would not let go of that last water balloon, lol.


Everyone got a Cars favor box before leaving; we ran out of time for balloon animals.



My boys had a great time, and I hope everyone else did, too. I may not put much effort in decorations and such, but I always try to make parties enjoyable and fun for my guests, particularly the kids.

3 comments:

Elise said...

You did a great job. The boy look happy, and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun.
Love,
Mom

DAD said...

terrific talented and amazing- the daughter and the party- love those boys!

Miss Keesh said...

Those are great ideas to plan a themed-party on a budget! Love the decor and the water-balloon fight idea. Happy Belated Biethday Caden and Gabe-- may you both grow strong, healthy, and wise but remain cute as ever :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...